The next version of the popular software developed by MetaQuotes tries to get its own way in the current Forex market, proposing some new features regarding its predecessor. MetaTrader 5 is a complete online trading environment from which you can set your foreign currency strategies. The application is available as a free download using your Windows system, as well as mobile Android and iOS devices.
The User Interface has been kept almost exactly the same regarding the previous version, trying to make it more easy-to-use for newcomers
MetaTrader 5 was designed with the purpose of replacing the previous version; however the 4th edition of the application continues working since the 5th edition has applied some additional restrictions including the impossibility of hedging. MetaTrader 5 has proven to be better for programmers, which translates into additional components to download developed by independent third-party collaborators.
The User Interface has been kept almost exactly the same regarding the previous version, trying to make it more easy-to-use for newcomers. The searching tool included will grant you access to the diverse functions and elements in a faster way, without even navigating through the different directories. Minor changes designed for the new software version includes a smaller charting workspace, but this comes almost unnoticed, especially for those users with multiple monitors.
The path of trading
Having an ambitious project such as MetaTrader 5 regarding the success of the previous version is no easy task. The new MQL5 has not included backward support with the MT4, which means that your custom online indicators and Experts Advisor or Trading Robots elements that you had will have to be ported to the new version, something that's quite difficult for beginners. However, in exchange the number of indicators and timeframes have been significantly increased.
The mechanism of the MataTrader platform is the same, analyzing the current market state in real-time the moment you log in. The latest version of MetaTrader introduces information about the Depth of the Market, which alongside with the automated and algorithmic trading software included makes a great combination of tools for setting up your strategies. If you want to test a new currency move beforehand, you can play safe using the Forex Strategy Tester to preview the most logical outcome for your investment.
MetaQuotes has put a special effort in order to improve the performance of the new software, having an outstanding working speed for all the operations. The advanced built-in reports included for all kinds of trading activities boosts the available operations on options, stocks, DOM, futures and Forex markets at the same time.
MetaTrader 5 5.00 Build 1100 Features
Find in this section the main features of MetaTrader 5:
- Better performance and use of resources for a higher working speed
- Customizable workspace and flexible trading orders
- Free available Expert Advisors, indicators and other automated elements to download
- Complete analysis of the market with economic calendar and additional financial news
- Advanced online technical analysis using analytical tools alongside dozens additional elements
- New MQL5 language for more powerful tools and functions
- Set alerts regarding pending operations or set automated functions to avoid wasting your time
- Have complete access from your Android device, iPhone or iPad with the mobile app version
- Complete your software with additional elements to install such as the following
Get the complete information about MetaTrader 5 clicking on the following link.
Check the minimum requirements of MetaTrader 5 for your system:
- Operating System: Windows XP or later version
- Processor: Athlon 64, Intel Pentium 4 or faster
- Memory: 512MB RAM
- Size: 33MB Free space available