Final Cut Pro X is a video editing software developed and published by Apple. Supposedly, it is the tenth release of the Final Cut Pro series, but it is not a simple new version, in factit has been developed practically from scratch. Over the last ten years, Final Cut Pro has been a benchmark for many users, and this new version has been completely redesigned.
This time, Final Cut Pro X runs in 64-bits, with the corresponding increment of performance. In addition, the new interface facilitates the dynamic edition. However, not everything is good. The program has received harsh criticism because of the lack of several functions of the previous versions, but now, the developers have listened to the users and have included lots of new features in the latest updates.
It is like a mixture between Final Cut Pro 7 and iMovie, it mixes the functionality and simplicity of iMovie with the professional performance of the former. It allows you to mix video files, divide them and edit them, include audio and music, integrate many video effects, transitions, etc. It is compatible with the usual formats, including HD. In addition, it integrates its own audio editor, and offers several options to export your videos to Blu-ray, DVD, and even email, Vimeo, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
Discover its multiple functions
Multicam is one of the latest updates of this editing software, along with the Monitor Broadcast Output, as well as Chroma Keying, the File's Reconnection or the compatibility with multi-layer .PSD Photoshop files. I know that these features are nothing unique when compared with the rest of the video edition programs out there, but at least they enable it to reach the required level to be competitive.
Over the last ten years, Final Cut Pro has been the benchmark for many users, and this new version has been completely redesigned
The Multicam is one of the strongest points of Final Cut Pro X. When you work with multiple views, the most difficult task is to synchronize all the views. This editing software does it automatically; you just have to select the different clips in Event Browser, right click and choose "New Multicam Clip" and that is all. Final Cut Pro X will analyze all the clips and it will generate a new Multicam Clip. The sync can be done based on the Timecode, the date and hour, the shape of the sound wave, etc. You can modify it later, but usually it does it very accurately.
Another important feature is the advanced Chroma Key. The Keyer filter has now more advanced controls that are quite simple to use. It has a color and light selector that is much more intuitive than in the previous version. It has taken the controls of Motion 5 in order to avoid having to exit out of the software and download another one to carry out a useful Chroma Key.
Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4 Features
The list of the main features of Final Cut Pro X is here for you to check it out:
- Magnetic Timeline: the timeline is now much more easy to use
- Multicam: You can create Multicam Clips that synchronize the clips automatically
- Multichannel Audio Editing: You can edit the audio in the timeline without any kind of problem
- Clip Connection: you can organize your clips at will and the program will create Clip Connections of the elements of the timeline
- Inline Precision Editor: you are free to accurately modify the elements in the timeline
- Compound Clips: they are saved in an automatic way in your library
- Auditions: you can watch several clips and then cycle them
You are free to visit the developer’s official website if you want to read more information about Final Cut Pro X before you download it to your Mac.
You can see the list of the minimum system requirements that you need to download and install Final Cut Pro X in your computer here:
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or later
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
- RAM Memory: A minimum of 2 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000 or some card compatible with OpenCL
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 768
- Hard Disk Space: at least 2.4 GB free on your computer